Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: A Moment In McGivney

Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Moment In McGivney

I decided to head to McGivney, NB this past Sunday, as it was about a year and a half since I had last been there.

I made it to McGivney around 6am, to discover a green/red signal facing east, so I knew 121 would be around soon. At around 645am, CN 121 came barreling through, with a short train (or at least it was, by 121's standards).



After they went by, there was a delay between the next train (as per usual). A special thanks to a few railfans who were out and about in Moncton, gave me the heads up on 305's departure time. There was also a CN 474 out and about along the line, heading east. I heard the RTC say that 474 was going to meet 305 at McGivney. Well, wasn't that a coincidence. At around 11:40am, a small 474 took the siding. About 20 minutes later, roughly at noon, CN 305, aka, the beast, came rumbling through, with six units at the head end, plus DPU'ed.



A few minutes later, CN 474 exits the siding and continues eastward to Moncton.



After they departed, I could still hear CN 305 pounding through the woods for 20 minutes. It's quite the sound.

After that, I called it a day and ventured back home. En route, I manged to catch CN 406 to Saint John. I filmed it, but the shot didn't really turn out, so I won't bother uploading it. Looks like you can see the upgrades/work being done to lengthen the siding at McGivney.

Cheers,

1 comment:

Eric said...

Nice videos, Matt, and I particularly liked that power consist with 2189 and 9410!
Thanks for sharing, Eric