Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: Bad Luck

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bad Luck

Later on this morning, I'm going to try to head into Saint John to catch CN leaving Saint John. I wanted to do it yesterday, but bad luck prevented me from doing so.

Well, yesterday at around 12:30pm, I was sitting watching TV, and talking a little bit on Facebook. At 1pm, I was going to head over to Rothesay station to wait for CN to leave. Well, just as I thought about doing that, I could hear 405 blowing for a crossing here in Rothesay. Well, that plan was out. My next idea was to try to catch 406 coming back at night, since I've never gotten a night video of CN. I know that from what I've heard, 406 does not usually roll by Rothesay until between midnight and 2am. As the night went on, I was getting tired, so I decided to scrap that idea. I was still awake at 11:30pm...and guess what I could hear in the clear of the night? Of course, 406 was blowing for a crossing here in Rothesay. Perhaps the holiday was the reason why both trains came around earlier than usual.

So, alas, to my discovery, not only was it a holiday, it was also a bad day for railfanning. Hopefully I"ll have better luck tomorrow.

No comments: